Petrosmith’s coating facilities are capable of providing new and used pipe, tubing and casing coating from 20-42 feet in length. These coatings prolong the life of your pipes, protecting them from the elements and from the harsh corrosives found in saltwater, petroleum products and other oil and gas production chemicals.
Our powder coating supplier is Valspar/AkzoNobel.
- Petrosmith offers nylon coating, epoxy coatings and modified epoxy coatings
- Petrosmith has powder for drill pipe, tubing and casing
- Petrosmith can powder coat the couplings using a Ryton powder or our Nylon powder
- Per customer request we can provide powders from any supplier
Petrosmith’s Primer supplier is Rohm-Haas and we only use Corvel EP-10 Primer.
- Corvel EP-10 provides adhesion at elevated temperatures and pressures, which assures performance in the presence of salt water, CO2, H2S, petroleum distillates and drilling muds
Petrosmith boasts two sets of power tong to remove or install couplings before and after coating the pipe.
There are two burn out ovens on site that keeps us ahead of the coating plant. There are two coating ovens that are 45 feet wide for pre-heat and post-heat operations.
- This ensures that we are heating the pipe to the correct coating temperature before we coat, and we are using the correct temperature on the final bake. The special oven widths allows the pipe to be in the heat for a longer time.
We do inspection of new/used tubing and casing. Below are some of the things that we do with the tubing and casing.
- EMI testing: This will tell us the grade of the tubing J-55/N-80/L-80. This will also tell us the wall thickness of the pipe/casing. 0-15 yellow band, 16-30 blue band, 31-50 green band, 50+ red band (junk)
- We offer computerized threaders that can thread any size or grade of casing – mostly done on used pipe.
- We rattle the ID of the pipe
- We burn out pipe
Duoline 20® manufactured by Duoline® Technologies, is a filament-wound, fiberglass-reinforced epoxy liner that reliably resists corrosion. Since 1964, more than 100 million feet of Duoline® liners have been successfully installed worldwide as a robust alternative to plastic coatings, and as a high-performance, high-value, cost-effective alternative to corrosion resistant alloys.
When corrosion starts in downhole tubing, the string soon fails. The result is downtime and increased operation costs for workovers and tubing pulls. Duoline® stops corrosion where alternative lining or coating systems soon fail.
The unique process of inserting a rigid fiberglass liner sleeve inside the pipe eliminates the “holiday” potential created by IPC coating processes. A grouting layer of cement material is placed in the annular space under pressure using a tightly controlled process. The DUOLINE® process does not depend on bonding or adherence of the liner to the steel pipe wall. This benefit, combined with the high loop strength of the GRE liners provides the most resilient lining system for high-pressure gas service or water systems with high CO² or H²S content.
Whether the job calls for new steel tubing with premium gas tight connections, or reclamation of used tubing with API type threads, DUOLINE® can be applied to satisfy a wide range of applications and customer needs. DUOLINE® has a reputation as “The Lining of Choice” in CO² injection and waterflood injection fields. Deep gas production and gas-lifted oil production wells have also been a target application for use of the DUOLINE® lining system.