Internal Pipe Coating
Petrosmith’s pipe coating facilities are capable of providing new and used pipe, tubing and casing coating from 20-42 feet in length. These coatings prolong the life of your pipes, protecting them from the elements and from the harsh corrosives found in saltwater, petroleum products and other oil and gas production chemicals.
Our powder coating supplier is Valspar/AkzoNobel.
- Petrosmith offers nylon coating, epoxy coatings and modified epoxy coatings
- Petrosmith has powder for drill pipe, tubing and casing
- Petrosmith can powder coat the couplings using a Ryton powder or our Nylon powder
- Per customer request we can provide powders from any supplier
Petrosmith’s primer supplier is Rohm-Haas and we only use Corvel EP-10 Primer.
- Corvel EP-10 provides adhesion at elevated temperatures and pressures, which assures performance in the presence of salt water, CO2, H2S, petroleum distillates and drilling muds
Petrosmith boasts two sets of power tong to remove or install couplings before and after coating the pipe.
There are two burn out ovens on site that keeps us ahead of the coating plant. There are two coating ovens that are 45 feet wide for pre-heat and post-heat operations.
- This ensures that we are heating the pipe to the correct coating temperature before we coat, and we are using the correct temperature on the final bake. The special oven widths allows the pipe to be in the heat for a longer time.
Products & Services
We provide the highest level of professionalism, quality, safety and expertise in the industry.