High-quality pipe is rooted in Petrosmith’s DNA. In fact, Petrosmith, formerly Smith Pipe of Abilene, has more than three decades experience in distributing oil and gas piping, tubing and casing across the region.
Petrosmith offers a wide variety of oil country tubular goods. Our typical stock on hand includes:
⇒ More than 1.5 million feet of tubing in diameters from 1-1/2 to 3-1/2 inches.
⇒ More than 1 million feet of casing in diameters from 4-1/2 to 13-3/8 inches.
Petrosmith tubular products are available in most all weights and grades, inspected and ready to ship.
Our full-service pipe yard offers:
- Electronic inspection
- CNC Threading
- Pipe straightening
- External and internal cleaning
- Ring and plug gauging
- Hydrostatic testing
- Water jetting and sandblasting
- Drifting, API or Alternate
- Pin and collar inspection
- Visual thread inspection
- Bucking of collars
- Coupling modification and reduction
- Stenciling to customer requirements
- Burn out oven
We do inspection of new/used tubing and casing. Below are some of the things that we do with the tubing and casing.
- EMI testing: This will tell us the grade of the tubing J-55/N-80/L-80. This will also tell us the wall thickness of the pipe/casing. 0-15 yellow band, 16-30 blue band, 31-50 green band, 50+ red band (junk)
- We offer computerized threaders that can thread any size or grade of casing – mostly done on used pipe.
- We rattle the ID of the pipe
- We burn out pipe
P.O. BOX 6291
Abilene, Texas 79608
West Texas Yard
10512 W County Rd 150
Midland, Texas 79706